Date and Time:
- Wednesday, May 13, 12:00 – 1:30 PM
- Cost: $0
- Intended Audience: Individuals over age 15 who are interested in learning brief techniques to aid with suicide prevention
- Audience Cap: 30 participants
Once enrolled you will be able to see the Zoom link to join the training.
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) is a gatekeeper course focused on reducing suicidal behaviors by providing innovative, practical and proven suicide prevention training.
Key components covered in the training:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to help someone in crisis
QPR training will address topics that can sometimes be difficult, including mental health problems and suicide; for some, these topics can trigger emotional distress. In order to support all participants during this remote training event, we want you to be aware of the following:
- Prior to the event, please ensure you have reliable internet connectivity and computer audio/video. We have scheduled an extra 30 minutes at the beginning to assist participants in establishing their connection to the online training platform.
- We encourage you to secure a confidential and quiet space for you to engage in this training.
- It is important that we are able to be in contact with all participants throughout the training. All participants will be required to have their computer video camera “on.” We also ask that if mental health needs arise during the training that participants agree to reach out to the facilitator during the training. This training will be co-facilitated, a facilitator will be able to offer support to participants if needed.
- Please be aware that in the event you “leave” the training prior to its conclusion, a facilitator will reach out to you. If the address and phone number you provided during your account set-up are different than how you can be reached during this training, please email your updated information prior to the start of the training to email@example.com.
- Finally, given the heaviness of this subject, we also recommend that you plan to engage in intentional self-care following the event.