If you’re smart, motivated and want something more than a job, then have a look at the positions below.
Partner’s for Children’s Mental Health (PCMH) Researcher Evaluator
Nature of Work
Partners for Children’s Mental Health at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is an interdisciplinary organization that strives to bring communities together to build a mental health system that better serves all children, youth, and families. PCMH operates as a cross-system resource, training, and implementation hub in order to ultimately increase capacity, access, and quality of youth mental health services in Colorado. Through collaboration with partners across the state, PCMH works to identify, scale, and sustain best practices that will help save lives and get mental health treatment to Colorado children.
PCMH is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Program Researcher/Evaluator to work with multidisciplinary teams to plan, manage, and implement all phases of research and evaluation projects, including design, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, and reporting.
Please note, this is an open rank position and could be categorized as a Instructor or Senior Instructor based on experience and qualifications as indicated below.
Examples of Work Performed
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing research protocols and institutional review board submissions
- Managing evaluation- and research-related databases
- Facilitating participant recruitment, consent, and assessment
- Help develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and collaborate effectively with internal and external partners to develop and implement new community-based youth mental health initiatives.
- Present findings visually, orally and in writing, as appropriate and contribute visual and written materials to reports, publications and proposals
- Design and produce charts and graphs that describe and interpret findings, and efficiently and effectively reveal spatial and statistical relationships
- Contribute to the development of briefs, presentations, and reports that describe and interpret findings and provide actionable insights
- Respond to ad-hoc research and evaluation-related queries through established organization communication platform
- Stay current on new research and evaluation methodologies
- Carries out other related tasks, requests, and duties as assigned.
- Aid staff in developing capacity for accurate reporting, making data-informed decisions and applying evaluative thinking.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at
Instructor: $58,000- $80,000.
Senior Instructor: $58,000 to $80,000.
Instructor: 1-3 years of research experience conducting research or evaluation involving analysis and reporting of quantitative and/or qualitative data.at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: MA or MPH from an accredited institution.
Senior Instructor: 1-3+ years of research experience conducting research or evaluation involving analysis and reporting of quantitative and/or qualitative data and prior research or evaluation experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: MA or MPH from an accredited institution.
Preferred Qualifications (applicable for all ranks):
MA/MPH with 3 – 5 years of experience or PhD with 2 – 3 years of experience conducting research/evaluation in psychology, public health, education or another quantitative social science discipline.
Experience in research proposal development, including formulating research questions, developing research design, and writing specific aims and research strategy.
Experience in collaborative program development, implementation and evaluation with community partners
Experience using statistical software packages, spreadsheets, and relational database systems for manipulating data and conducting basic statistical analyses
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with faculty, staff, students, alumni, industry and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students.
- A demonstrated ability to organize and complete complex projects and to work under tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail, organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to community audiences.